What is Nordic Walking?
Nordic walking originated in Scandinavia in the 1930's. Over the years Nordic walking has become increasingly popular and in 2003 Nordic walking UK was formed which has rapidly increased publicity and recognition.
Why choose Nordic walking?
Nordic walking is accessible to a variety of individuals and provides benefits to those with medical problems to competitive sports players. Nordic walking is a unique activity due to its suitability for any age, gender, fitness level or goal, whilst being enjoyable, effective and social.
Nordic walking facts...
- It burns approximately 26% more calories than ordinary walking, AND feels easier!
- It increases oxygen consumption by approximately 20%
- It exercises 90% of your body's muscles
- It doesn't have to be too strenuous and gets you outdoors in the fresh air
- It tones your upper body as well as your lower body, if it's carried out correctly
- It helps maintain abdominal strength, increasing core stability and therefore effective for people suffering with lower back pain
- It reduces load of knee and hip joints up to approximately 90%
Pay as You Go - £15 per session
Course of 6 - £60 (£10 per session)
Nordic walking session times
Thursday 6-7pm (Meeting point - Hengistbury Head Broadway car park, BH6 4EN)
Latest offer: Book a course of 6 sessions for the price of 5 at £50!
* Please contact us to book any of the Nordic walking classes on 01202 397172 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* There will be a variety of walks around Hengistbury Head. Please arrive promptly as the time shown is when the walk will leave. We will not be able to wait for any late arrivals.
* Please wear comfortable clothes to walk in with appropriate footwear. Don't forget to bring waterproofs if needed and a bottle of water.